Monday, August 16, 2010

Great Weekend...'n' Scraps

So we had a stellar weekend!

I got in 4 miles this weekend....granted I'm suppose to be up to 10 miles, but I'm gonna get there. I'm working on walking 2 miles a day, pushing the little lady and Christopher finally LOVES to ride his bike and 2 miles is good for him. We stop a lot for water breaks and such though, so it takes us a good 45 minutes to do the 2 miles, but worth it for the exercise and time with my little ones outside...it's just so darn HOT here...I NEED to walk at like 5am before the sun is up! (But I do my walks at 8am, cause I can't function that early, neither can the kids)

Sunday night we got the chance to go to a friends house and enjoy a nice homemade pizza dinner with salad, dessert and WINE! It was spectacular...we took the kids with us and they enjoyed running around the spotless house and had a fabulous time. My friend Juanita has a 12 year old son, so she doesn't really have LITTLE kids...I was worried if Christopher would be able to find something other than the television to keep him busy...boy was I worrying for nothing..she has turned the closet of her office into a little boys dream toy world. All of her sons old toys are in there and he had a TON, so Christopher was content as could be! Her house is SPOTLESS however, she vacuums Everyday, has NO clutter and no one is allowed to wear shoes in the house...needless to say that is completely opposite of how I live. (Not that I don't have DREAMS about living that way, it's just impossible with two little ones and a roommate)
After a wonderful night, we came home, did baths and continued the bedtime routines...then Monday started and here we are.

On to the whole SCRAPS part of the title though...
I used to be an active Consultant of Close to My Heart a scrapbooking company that sells EVERYTHING you need to be artistic and imaginative...After Karrington was born, I became a Junior Consultant because I just don't have the time or patience to do my crafty things. I want so badly to get back into it however...I want to make scrapbooks, FINALLY, for my kids and my marriage...Things that are important to me. This is just me venting...I want to have the time, I want to be patient...but now I start school next week, it will be even harder! Plus, scrapbooking materials are the last thing I need to be spending my money on right now.

Oh and one more thing....is Anyone else ADDICTED to Etsy?!?! I've only bought one thing from there but I could very easily stock my entire house with things from there and spoil my kids rotten with amazing handmade things...just saying! :)
AMANDA

1 comment: