Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Everyone's doing it...

Everyone is doing the 4 goals before 2011 thing on their blogs these days....I got the idea from my friends Beth and Jenna...
https://ihavecats.blogspot.com/
https://jennaelayne.blogspot.com/

So my four goals go something like this:
1)COOK!! Yes, cook....I know how to cook out of a box or from the freezer with ease, but I've always had a hard time learning to love cooking. My husband is a great cook and encourages me endlessly to try and try again. (I'm afraid to make something people don't like so I just don't try for fear of failure.) Everything I have attempted the past week however has been a success. I've gotten recipes from my grandma, from online, from my husband and I can't seem to go wrong. I won't however be vary likely to just throw some ingredients together in some hodgepodge of food, but recipes from scratch I can handle...and I actually like it...FINALLY!
2)WALK!! Yes, walk...I'm walking in the Susan G. Komen 3-Day for the Cure in November...it's a 60 mile walk to end breast cancer. I'm required to raise $2,300 to be able to participate in the walk, but my goal is $4,000. It's a great cause for great people and will likely be a great opportunity. Currently I'm up to 2 miles a day...I would love to do more, but with being a SAHM my kids can't handle much more than that in the AZ heat, and I don't have a gym membership. My hubby is an amazing motivator though...he makes sure I get up on the weekends and do my walk with the whole family right after breakfast. I'm suppose to be up to 11 miles/2 days a week right now and I'm not, so that is a little discouraging, but I'll find a way to make it happen! I'm planning to buy a bike trailer in the hope that I can get up to 10 miles of biking a day to help at least a little. It's an exciting adventure!
3)EAT RIGHT (to lose weight and get healthy)!! This goal kinda plays into the first two in some aspect...I'm the one who makes the meals so I have the opportunity to make those meals go a little further, to be healthy choices for all of us. I eat a ton of salt...I'm addicted, I add extra to everything and I probably have a problem...I gotta embrace the flavor of good food a little more!
My husband is an amazing man who works hard, sometimes (like yesterday) from 7am-1am, to make ends meet and make it possible for us to live a happy life as a family! I'm so lucky to have him and the least I can do is help him stay a little healthier too...we used to eat out all the time which made him and I both balloon up weight wise..now I get to fix that and save a little money in the process!
4)MAKE MEMORIES and display them!! By this I mean to start using the pictures I take everyday to make scrapbooks and mementos to remember these milestones my kids have and the adventures of our family life! I take pictures of the kids on my phone everyday, so I have a rolling timeline of their growth, I just haven't recorded it as much on my regular camera and printed the images for display. I have a creative side ready to jump out there and be seen, I just need to truly take the time and make it a reality, something we can all look back on and be inspired by or just make us smile!!

I guess that's kinda it for now...a lot to ponder, a lot to work on...should be an interesting last few months to 2010! EXCITING!!!
AMANDA

No comments:

Post a Comment